We understand that individuals within the SMAANZ community seek opportunities to grow and develop in their academic careers. Effective mentoring can lead to increased confidence, productivity and success in a mentee while also enhancing career satisfaction of both mentors and mentees (Straus & Sacket, 2014). To address this need, in 2017 SMAANZ launched a…
SMAANZ 2018 AWARDS AND GRANTS ARE OPEN!
Deadline: June 30, 2018
These awards are highly regarded and presented at the SMAANZ Conference each year.
As a primarily volunteer organisation, it is considered particularly appropriate and important to provide opportunities for members to gain recognition for their outstanding contributions to SMAANZ and to the field of sport management.
Applications are open for the below awards:
2017 Distinguished Service Award Winner: Prof. Kristine Toohey from Griffith University
Past Winners Include:
- Prof. David Shilbury, Deakin University
- Prof. Laurence Chalip, University of Illinois
- Prof. Christine Green, University of Illinois
- Prof. Graham Cuskelly, Griffith University
- Mr. Terry Woods, Bond University
- Prof. Tracey Taylor, University of Technology Sydney
- Prof. Russell Hoye, La Trobe University
Do you know someone who should be recognised for their outstanding contribution to SMAANZ and Sport management community?