Deadline: September 1, 2020
The purpose of the SMAANZ Best Conference Paper Award is to support three of the purposes of SMAANZ:
- encourage scholarly inquiry in sport management;
- provide a forum to present and communicate results of sport management related research; and,
- enhance the application of management theory to the sports context.
It is specifically intended to encourage scholars to develop a paper for later submission to Sport Management Review (SMR).
The SMAANZ Best Conference Paper Award is open to any applicant who has submitted an abstract for the SMAANZ Conference and who intends to register and present at the SMAANZ Conference.
Conditions of Award
- The paper submitted for the award cannot be under consideration for publication in or have been submitted to a journal for publication or have been previously presented at a conference.
- The paper must be a full paper and the paper must be written in accordance with the instructions to authors for SMR.
- The reviewer’s comments (which are for the Award Committee only) are not expected to be as detailed for the review of a normal manuscript. No feedback or comments shall be given to the applicants.
- The winner must attend and present their paper at the SMAANZ Week 2020 and will normally be expected to submit their work for review in SMR.
- The award will consist of $500 and a certificate presented at SMAANZ Week 2020 The award will also include free registration to SMAANZ 2021
Submissions for the best paper must address the following criteria:
- Well written and free from errors
- Purpose of the research is clear and concise
- Informs sport management research
- Makes a sound theoretical contribution
- Adheres to SMR author guidelines and referencing styles
- Nominations close 1 September 2020 (no late nominations accepted).
- Applications and queries should be sent directly to the SMAANZ Awards Coordinator, Dr. Lisa Gowthorp – email@example.com
- The SMR Editor or an appropriate nominee, appointed by the Editor, will Chair the Best Conference Paper Committee.
- The Award Committee will recommend a recipient to the SMAANZ Board.
- The conferral of the award is dependent on the quality of the applicant in relation to the criteria and thus the Award Committee/Board reserves the right not to confer the award in any given year.
- The recipient of the Award will be notified no later than 1 October, 2020