Following our prior communication that the SMAANZ Conference planned for Canberra will be postponed to 2021, we are excited to release details of SMAANZ Week 2020, to be held from Monday 30 November to Friday 4 December, 2020.
The events will take part over the week in an online format, with opportunities for members and the wider community to join in activities as they like over the week.
In our planning, we have sought to design a program which encourages scholarly inquiry, provides a forum to present and communicate research, and facilitates academic networking. Of course, the online setting provides challenges, but also opportunities to revisit and trial some new initiatives.
The provisional plans for SMAANZ week include:
- Multiple 90 minute ‘live’ academic sessions around different sport management themes. Each will contain four (10 minute) presentations and a discussion or panel, facilitated by a selected theme leader from the SMAANZ Community
- A series of ‘pre-recorded’ presentations and content available for viewing and feedback over the event
- An awards session highlighting award winners (featuring best paper, student award and industry engagement awards)
- Daily 60 minute lunchtime workshops
- Two Industry Panels – featuring high profile speakers on prominent topics
- Online social and networking activities
- A HDR event including sessions partnered with CAUTHE and ANZALS
- Face to face social events held in satellite venues anywhere that multiple SMAANZ Week 2020 attendees may reside*
*We aim to facilitate concurrent, small networking events in multiple cities during the week. These will be announced pending local restrictions in December 2020