We will not be accepting applications for the SMAANZ Student Travel Assistance Program in 2020. This grant will resume in alignment with SMAANZ 2021 in Canberra, Australia.
The purpose of the SMAANZ Student Travel Assistance (STA) program is to assist students in attending the student workshop held as a part of the annual SMAANZ conference.
The student workshop provides an opportunity for students to: (1) develop a network of colleagues to assist in the transition into the SMAANZ community; (2) share their research with their peers; and, (3) provide professional development opportunities through sessions led by senior academic staff on topics of interest to students.
The STA program can award a maximum of five $200 (AUD) awards per year with SMAANZ reserving the right to provide fewer than five awards.
Eligibility and conditions
- Successful applicants must attend the SMAANZ student workshop held on the opening day of the conference
- Eligibility is open irrespective of gender, age, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
- Preference will be given to applicants traveling from interstate or overseas
- Preference will be given to applicants based at New Zealand and Australian universities.
Applicants must include the following:
- A statement from their supervisor (or Head of School) confirming their status as a current student.
- Acknowledgement of all financial support provided by a university, grant, or other source. Preference will be given to students whose conference attendance is not fully funded by other sources.
- A maximum 100 word description of what they hope to gain from attendance at the student workshop